Community Supported Agriculture is a partnership between farmers & eaters. By purchasing a share at the beginning of the growing season, members share the rewards & risks of the farm throughout the year. As a member, you receive a share of delicious, organically grown vegetables to feed you, your family, & friends while supporting a local, sustainable, family farm.
For more CSA farms in WI, visit the list of farms on the FairShare CSA Coalition website.
| Ten Great Reasons to be a CSA Member |
1) Access to delicious vegetables! Fresh & in-season vegetables taste AMAZING, & they're good for you, too!
2) Knowing your farm.
3) Knowing your farmers.
4) It's fun! Opening your CSA box is like opening a gorgeous, colorful present that you get to eat.
5) Help create a more just & sustainable food system.
6) Saves time on shopping.
7) Encourages healthier eating & cooking habits.
8) Exposure to new foods. We grow more varieties of vegetables than what you can find in your local grocery store. This diversity ensures we have full shares, but also exposes our members to veggies that they may have never tried before.
9) Member resources. Our members receive a weekly newsletter with news from the farm, kitchen tips, & recipes!
10) Our family farm becomes your family farm.
Check out the video below from the Lexicon of Sustainability. It gives a great picture & explanation of CSA!